Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Day, Another 10 bucks..........

Okay, on the retail front today I had a lady that was a real doozie. I have to say though that I think I may have scored a major victory in the calm department with this one. I had a witness, Sharon who thought that I handled it all quite well considering the circumstances.
Lady: i will have a 16 oz iced soy chai blended
Me: I'm sorry I can't make that
Lady: Okay then, can I get a blended 16oz mocha with some white thrown in it?
Me: Sure that will be $4.08.
I then ring her up and take payment. BTW, when she said---"with some white thrown in there" that was code for, "I want white chocolate too, but I don't want to pay extra for it." I charged her for it. I have to.

Lady: Um, so my drink is $5.00?
Me: Let me check, the total was $4.08 you had a 16oz blended mocha with an extra shot of white chocolate, so with tax, that is $4.08.
Lady: So, this is why I wouldn't stop here, I can't see spending $5.00 on a small drink.
Me: Did you want your money back ma'am? I'd be happy to refund it.---with God and Sharon as my witness, I was very sincere with what I said.
Lady: Well, no, I just can't see spending that. I mean, at Java, I would have gotten a large for that.
Me: Are you sure you don't want your money back ma'am?
Lady: No, not if you can make it quickly, I am on my way to Hayfield.

I then proceeded to make her drink and say thank you as I handed it to her. OKAY, FOR THE RECORD, I LOOKED IT UP AND JAVA DETOURS SAME DRINK WITH THE SAME AMMOUNT OF SHOTS AND FLAVORS WOULD BE $4.24...............................NOW THAT WAS THEIR PRICE LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS NOW AS I DO KNOW THAT ALL THE PLACES IN TOWN RAISED PRICES THIS YEAR. Rant over:) i am glad I didn't try to correct her, it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

Ah the joy of retail.

Anyway i feel like that was a growing experience. i don't need to correct everyone. i just need to give them what they order and love them. One day, this will come naturally for me.

Had some nice new customers today. Denise and her kids--really nice kids, Joy, and Patty, i think they will all be back.


More tomorrow,
Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment