Monday, July 13, 2009

The Very First Rant

So here we go again, in a feeble attempt to blog. What is blogging all about anyway? Basically it is our deep-rooted desire to be heard I guess. Hopefully this will keep the very few of you that ever read this updated on our lives and maybe offer a bit of humor along the way. So we have owned a coffee and tea house for the past year. In that time, we have seen a lot of strange things. I have had someone come in my store to poop in my toilet without buying anything, and then call to complain that i was rude to him because I told him the toilet was for customer use only, I have seen at least 3 people ALMOST every single day come in "just to check us out," I AM SORRY, IF IT SAYS COFFEE AND TEA HOUSE ON THE SIGN, WE HAVE COFFEE AND TEA-----BUY SOMETHING ALREADY! I have seen moms let their children have scones on my beautiful couch, and not clean up after them. I AM SORRY, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM? CAN i COME TO THEIR HOUSE AND LET A 2 YEAR OLD HAVE A SCONE AND CRUMBLE IT ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEN NOT CLEAN IT UP ?? On the bright side, i have a new mom who comes with 3 really great kids, one on the way too, who actually offers to clean up after her children, which of course I don't let her do, because she is totally genuine and I appreciate the fact that she really does not want to leave the place a pit. Her name is Jodi and she is a jem. Thank you Jodi! I have had more advice thrown at me than i can even count. "You guys should sell sandwiches, have you ever thought about soups? You should really advertise. You should market these people. You should. You should.........ENOUGH ALREADY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD INTENTIONS, BUT PLEASE, PRAY FOR US INSTEAD, THE SUGGESTIONS ARE MAKING OUR HEADS HURT! I think my favorite is the salesmen and women. They come in and want you to buy something, but they don't buy anything from you. A word to the wise, if you want to sell someone something, BUY SOMETHING. We have taken to only entertaining offers from those who have actually cared to support us. I will try to think of some other good remembrances over the next couple of weeks to catch you up on the past year.
In the meantime, we are going to be down at the farmers market peddling coffee, cold brew, tea, and iced tea starting this Saturday. I hope you are all having a fantastic time in this short life we have. Last week we really contemplated closing the store. Our sales are slow and far from paying the bills. We pray, ask God for guidance, and wait. One day that started out particularly frustrating led me to Bible Gateway.com where the verse of the day was Ephesians 3:20-21---paraphrased it said, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine........" And I thought, okay God, I will keep going and trust you. I mean IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN WE CAN ASK OR IMAGINE, come on, that has got to be one God we can trust, believe in, hope in! Being a store owner is great practice in trying to love people. It show us just how much we really can't do it on our own strength, we have to rely on Jesus.
PS. drop any prayer requests you have on the comment section, when I am done ranting, I will lift you up. and then repent for the ranting.....................
much love,
Eve

4 comments:

  1. YAY!

    (just what we the people [of America] have been waiting for)

    Plus, anything with Mercy's face attached is bound to be good.

    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree about the Mercy thing, I love you (plural) too! Now, you need to blog my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I didn't want to post my picture but just to comment and be part of this terrific blog...maybe I need another fabulous cinnamon twist pastry in order to concentrate. Plus, Eve's hair totally matched the pastry. No, there wasn't any hair IN it. Guess you have had to come in and see how pretty she looked and have one or six of the amazing pastries. Pastry's. pay-stir-eeeees. My husband doesn't know I bought one for him. Hmmmm, maybe I will "forget" to give it to him.

    Mercy is adorable and we are keeping y'all in prayer.

    GGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vick,
    Hey I figured something out for you so check your email!
    I will make the twists daily from now on. I sold all 24!---well, Adam ate 2 and i ate one so 21:)

    ReplyDelete