Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can we USE our inside voice please?

No, I am not talking about the voices in your head or the Holy Spirit .......I mean come on, WHEN YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE, DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE UNLESS IT IS TO STOP SOMEONE FROM EATING POISON OR TRIPPING OVER SOMETHING! Yesterday I had this guy in here who was talking to one other person, he was so loud, I could hear every word he was saying even though I was in the backroom. Okay, there were other people in the store too, so after about 15 minutes, I just said, "Could you just use your inside voice?" He seemed mad and embarrassed. But I was nice about it so that is going to have to be something he deals with. Also this morning we had a group of lively men who met for a Bible study, one of the guys was SO loud that I almost said the same thing to him but one of the other guys in the group actually said, "okay I think we need to quiet down." Right before he was told to bring his voice down, I mumbled under my breath, "Hello, can we USE our inside voice please?"--notice the stress on USE, and think Chandler Bing from FRIENDS.

Okay, so we are getting ready for the farmers market. It is very overwhelming, but very exciting. I have been making these amazing cinnamon twists lately. They are too good to be true. I actually said to Laura yesterday, "I think I am in love with myself:)"--

Which leads me to my sobering thought of the day, Narc ism. So I have concluded that we as humans, are all very selfish people. We do things, say things, blah, blah, blah..........with us in mind. (most of the time) When people cut us off on the highway, we get mad because it has inconvenienced us. Yes, I know, "they could have killed us!" Is often something that goes through our heads, but in essence, we really just are mad because we someone didn't do something our way. How many times do we say, "I hope they get pulled over the way they drive?" What are we really saying? I can't wait till they get punished! As Christians I think we do that all too often too. "Well, just wait till that liberal so and so faces God at the end of his life." Don't lie to yourself, we have all thought it at some point. First of all, it is okay to be liberal:) It is okay to be conservative:) I think I will call myself a revolutionary liberservative a with a smidge of armpit shavin hippy thrown in for good measure! Second of all, why do we want people to "pay" for what they have done wrong? We need to start giving people a little slack and remembering that, at times, we are all pains in the buttocks of humanity. We are all sinners saved ONLY by grace. Next time someone cuts you off or drives like a maniac who has had 2- large-quad-shot-iced-soy-lattes-with half shots of vanilla and almond-shaken-not-stirred, pray that they will slow down and that they won't kill anyone, and then thank God for the angel (s) that were surrounding you in your car.

At some point I may stop my ramblings, or maybe it will be a never ending process that doesn't end till Jesus comes back for us..................anyway

till tomorrow,
Eve

1 comment:

  1. Arm-pit-shavin'-hippy is my favorite phrase in your wonderful blog today. THANK YOU (that was my outside voice) for adding humor to my day and for being a wise Christian woman.

    The twists are amazing! GGS

    ReplyDelete