Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bad Tip Day and a Renewed Faith in Humanity

So the only thing not really good about today is that it is a bad tip day. Everyone must be broke today. Most of them are paying with credit cards. All in all though, we are learning much and really shocked at the new developements in our relationships with the Good Lord. I love calling Him the "Good Lord," not just because He indeed is good, but because it reminds me of Adam's Dad and Grandpa who both referenced to God that way.

You know what? It is not hard to be a Christ follower. Jesus was a simple man, preaching a simple gospel filled with love, acceptance and forgiveness. You know what else? I am going to focus on reading the Bible and praying. There are no magic formulas. There are no meditative states that I can enter to the Holy of Holies. I just have to come to God, and talk to Him. I don't want fake highs, they do nothing for us but eventually let us down.

Yesterday, a few women were in and they did not like the idea that I had Cream of Mushroom with Barley soup. In fact they stood there making "eeewwww" faces and I assumed that they would not be getting the soup so I ignored them and continued on with my other customers and they left. Now, these women were at least 75 years old and I would think that they would know better than to make faces that will hurt someone's feeling, but they didn't. Anyway, this morning I decided that I REALLY have to stop letting those things get to me, because they are not full frontal assults on my ability to bake or cook, but just simply people who react in an unkind way, or simply people who lack social skills. Just a few minutes ago, a man came in and asked what soup we had today, (his age=aprox.70) I told him Tomato Basil, he said, "You know, I am not a tomato fan, but I will come back another day."
Yeah, now that was a response that could renew my faith in humanity:) And just another reminder that, people are, just people.
Ain't it grand to be human?
more later................

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear sweet Eve, some people are never taught consideration for others or manners from there parents. Or do what I do sometimes just say things before thinking. Ugh I do that a lot. There is something I think so often in my head from the bible :) I had to look it up for exact wording, you will proud:) here it is:And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast lots. You are so right about us being human and all the error that seems to come with that sometimes. When I do or say something that I know hurts others even if I never intended too. I always whisper some forgiveness in my heart. I am so grateful for the conscious God Gave me:) And If others do or say something I say a little prayer for them that they will become aware of the thing they do or do not know they have done. Put it in Jesus's hands. Eve I love your kind, sweet spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write Eve! I am so thankful you are with me on this journey. You are a strong spirit, like a wild mustang!
    I love you
    Your husband

    ReplyDelete