Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quickly a rant......

I WILL NOT BE SUCKED INTO GLEE.
I WILL NOT BE SUCKED INTO GLEE.
I WILL NOT BE SUCKED INTO GLEE.
I WILL NOT BE SUCKED INTO GLEE.
I WILL NOT BE SUCKED INTO GLEE.

So, since two of the like 10 blogs i follow have mentioned GLEE today, i have to vent. *warning the following will reflect the opinions and convictions of the writer ONLY it is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM intended to force an opinion on anybody that reads it. It also is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM meant to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with what is written.

At the end of the last American Idol season, a new show was being touted as the next big thing not to miss. It was previewed one night after American Idol. Yes, I was an idol junky. I even voted numerous time for numerous people. And no, I will not be watching it this year because of what happened with PAULA, blah, blah, I digress......
okay so I watch this exciting new show. And I will not lie, I was VERY EXCITED! But then, they said that it was only a preview and that we would have to wait until the fall for the show to start. So for 3 months I himmed and hawed about the fact that I had to wait to watch the show that had so quickly tickled my fancy. Then, at the end of July, it started. The doubt. The cynicism, the dread.......
i just knew............
and sure enough, a month later, when the first show of the season was on, my worst nightmare (in tv land) had come true.
IT HAD TURNED RAUNCHY!
in the very first episode (after the pilot). and it was then and there that I knew no matter how much I wanted to watch this show filled with beautifully rich character and story lines that even hit close to home (as I myself was a show choir girl) I could not in good conscience begin to get addicted to a high school night time soap opera filled with fornication and lies. It was yet another reminder of the dog poop brownies. If you know this story, don't read the following paragraph:

These two children wanted to go to a movie with their friends. All of their friends had seen the movie and they were very eager to go even though they knew that there were a few scenes of questionable content in it that their parents would not approve of. But they asked their father anyway, emphasizing that there were only a few questionable scenes. Their father said, "okay, and you know what? I am going to make you my special brownies too!" The kids were very excited about the movie and the brownies. They really loved dad's brownies. So, hot out of the oven came the brownies and the kids came rushing in from play, and Dad said, I have an extra special treat for you, I put some dog poop in the brownies. Not much, just a tiny, tiny bit. You won't even taste it with all the extra chocolate I put in it. The children were grossed out. There was no way that they were going to eat dog poop brownies! Even if they couldn't taste it. Their father told them that he did it as an illustration about the movie they wanted so badly to see. There might only be a little bit of junk in it, but eventually you get more and more desensitized to it to the point where you are eating straight poop!

okay i added that last part.
but even though I want very badly to get sucked into the cult of GLEE, I am going to restrain myself. and pray for help.
rant complete.

1 comment:

  1. well written my friend. Good example. And I am so with you with american idol love. I think though I can't stay away from the next season with or without Paula.

    ReplyDelete