Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Randominity

Yep, I am pretty sure that is not a real word, but hey.......

So, 2 weeks ago we had "church" at the coffeehouse with my dad, step mom, brother, and the twins, this is what we discussed:
Maddy shared and talked about what Jesus looks like. (1peter1:8)
Haylee talked about how important we are to God and that he wants us to take care of what he has made.
Then we all said one thing that we thought we could do to help:
1. Be less selfish
2. Love your neighbor
3. Meet practical needs
4. Spread the word
5. Feed the poor
6. Pick up litter and Recycle
7. Give
8. Be wise with your money
9. Count your blessings

I think this is amazing. This is the church (us, as believers, in action).

John 16:31-33 says
"Jesus answered them, "Do you finally believe? In fact, you're about to make a run for it--saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I'm not abandoned. The Father is with me. I've told you this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment