Monday, December 28, 2009

Rest

This picture is of one of my god-daughters. Her name is Grace. She was aptly named. She loves unconditionally. She takes care of people. She is beautiful and an absolute joy to be around. She is smart and confident. I hope to be like her when I grow up:)

Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burnt out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you will recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


These are red letters. These are Jesus' words. Today, I am laying it down again, at his feet. I am remembering, that nothing is going to happen to me, that Jesus and I cannot handle. I am going to learn the unforced rhythm of grace! I am going to live free and light!


Dear Lord, may my friends and family bring their burdens to you today, and know that they can find rest in you.

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog
    i love the title of your blog
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete