Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thank you

So I have been thinking about this post for a long time. I am confused with Thank Yous. I don't understand why saying it and being thankful is not enough. I don't understand why there is a protocol for people to follow. I don't understand it at all. The whole point of giving a gift or making something special for someone is to do it unselfishly. There are a lot of things that I have not gotten thank yous for. In fact, most parents go though this every day. I just don't get it. Did I mention that?
My family is bad at this. They think that it is rude to not send thank yous. They actually get mad at the person that they so thoughtfully remembered if there is no reciprocation. I find this just crazy. The fact is, that because of their insecurity they need someone else to praise them for their kind efforts. It is NOT right for us to force our insecurity on others. I think sometimes people do nice things just to be called nice. In 1 Tim 5:25 it says "The good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light." I am gonna believe that.
Now don't get me wrong, I think that if the Spirit moves you, send the thank you. But if you do something nice, just do something nice. Don't expect men and women to give you praise. Take it from God instead. Do good just to do good. Don't do it so someone will call you good! Even Jesus said, "why do you call me good? Only the Father is good."
Just a little meat to chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment