Friday, September 4, 2009

an actual rant

So this last week has been a definite test for me. I think an actual test. One that I didn't do so well on a few days and now I think after a bit of studying, I may actually get pass. Having your own business is hard. Of course you want to please and serve the customers who keep you open, but sometimes, you need a break. 2 ladies came in to just use my bathroom and I politely let them know that the loo was for customers only, they were snotty, I was snotty back-but i don't think that they heard me. Another customer yesterday was rude, and to be honest, i thankfully don't even remember what happened. Today someone called in and was ickie and you know what? It just isn't worth it. Please, i plead with you not to be one of those people who thinks they are right about everything, none of us are. We are all works in progress.

Today the neighbors are doing construction on the wall and I had to take all our pictures off so that they don't fall and break. Which is actually good because it will give me a chance to dust them and also to get things organized a bit so that we can get more pictures up.

Even Jesus took breaks. In fact, Luke 5:16 says, "Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer." I am withdrawing this weekend. It starts at noon today when I will get to have a Bible study time with my new beautiful friend CC. I am excited to learn and talk about just how good God is! Next, I will sleep, clean my house, enjoy the company of the two most beautiful twins in the world, talk some Norwegian with my Dad, visit the most peaceful place on earth--my in laws house--I am not joking, you walk into their home and you want to fall asleep:), pick some apple, kiss a very old man on the cheek, hold my husbands hand, and not have to put my dog in the kennel for 3.5 days. Thank you Jesus for rest.

I am hoping to get into the wilderness everyday this vacation to get a jump start for next week.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Hope you come back refreshed and renewed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Eve:) Oh those icky's. I remember once complaining to my mom about how some customers are just so mean and unpleasant in the retail world. This is what she told me and I just remembered it as I read your post. They are unhappy, sad or angry about something bigger in there life and it spills over into there interactions with others. That is when you say a little prayer after that uncomfortable interaction and put it in Jesus hands. MOM's are so wise:)
    I had such a wonderful time at our bible study and hang out session!!! Eve I feel so blessed to have you in my life now. what amazing beautiful person you are:) And I hope your break was wonderful:) See ya today.

    ReplyDelete