Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Motherless Children

"Sometimes I feel like a motherless child.

Sometimes I feel like a motherless child.

Sometimes I feel like a motherless child.

A long way from home.

A long way from home."



Sometimes I get this song stuck in my head. Not because I really feel like a motherless child.

I have a wonderful mother. She is quirky and can really get under my skin, but she is an exceptional woman. I am very blessed to call her my friend. But I think I sing it because I am really longing for Heaven. I think the more I realize that I am really just a visitor here and not a resident, the more I desire for Jesus to come back for us. Even so the more I see in the world in how bad everything has really gotten and how selfish and awful people act, the more I realize my own humanity and am continually thankful that I am an alien here. That is why I feel like I don't fit in. Because I don't. But someday, I will not be a long way from home. I will be there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Eve:) nice to check your posts after I woke up from my 4 hour cold induced nap:) What a wonderful insight to share:) Oh that uncomfortable feeling is a part of our journey I feel and to be example to others. And what a beautiful amazing one that you are are EVE:)

    ReplyDelete