Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday is the new Monday

So yesterday I woke up sick. This is nothing new as I have been waking up sick for pretty much the past year (the amount of time the store has been open). But usually by the time I walk downstairs to let the dog out and then walk back upstairs I am better and it is just a groggy morning thing. But this time it didn't take. I prayed and said, "Okay God, I don't want to stay home if that is not the right thing to do. I know people are depending on me and the store. " I prayed for about 10 minutes and was confirmed by the Good Lord and Adam that I should just stay home. I sent out a massive e-mail, tweeted, and blogged that we would not be open, then prayed again that people would not come in so that they would not be disappointed that we were not open. And I went back to sleep. I slept for 5 more hours until I heard Adam calling to tell me that he was going to take his lunch break. Went downstairs, put some leftovers in the microwave for him, and sat there groggy for the next 2.5 hours. Then when he got home, we took a 4 hour nap. Then, I called www.artconstellation.blogspot.com, thinking that I would be able to listen to her and catch up a little as I have not spoken to her in too long. Well, that was not what the Good Lord had planned. She encouraged me with an amazing story. I just want to thank her publicly as I seriously don't know what I would have done without her wonderful words of wisdom. Then I skyped with another amazing woman who is going through some tough stuff right now. www.jessiehspeaks.blogspot.com. Please pray for both of these women who truely mean the world to me.
Today is a good day. I have a full bakery case, the soup is done--but there are no customers so I am trusting they will come in later, and for now, I will just clean and organize.
And I will keep going.
Because I have to.
And I want to.

1 comment: