Thursday, September 17, 2009

Taking care

Imitate God therefore in everything you do because you are his dearly loved children.--NLT Ephesians 5:1

I have been working on this today.

Yesterday Adam had to work the closing shift at the Max so I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out what it was that I was going to do to try to make more money in the store. Then I re-packaged Jessieh's care packages which will finally go in the mail by the weekend and thought, well, I think now is the time to start taking care of my skin. I am an AVON lady for cryin out loud!

So, i took a shower washing all my major body parts with an amazing body clay product, scrubbed my feet with a special foot bar of soap, shaved:), brushed my teeth, flossed, cleansed, toned, and moisturized my face. Then I brushed the dredds out of my hair--(which was NOT fun) put in a leave in moisturizer and even put lotion on my arms, legs, and feet. I normally opt for the 4 minute shower because I feel guilty wasting water forget the shaving and all the face stuff and lotions because I think I am too busy. But you know what, from start to finish, even getting through my nappy hair, it was only 20 minutes. I can take 20 minutes everyday to feel better about myself.

I will continue.

Please pray for my friend Cindy's mom. Her name is Linda which means Beautiful and from what I have heard of her, she certainly is that! She is going through chemo treatments now and is facing tough decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment