Wednesday, September 16, 2009

John 15 - Passage Lookup - New Living Translation - BibleGateway.com

John 15 - Passage Lookup - New Living Translation - BibleGateway.com: "9 “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. 10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. 11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. 16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other."

Earlier today I read this, then Adam came to help for and hour and a half and all pandamonium broke loose here at the shop. It got so busy that it was hard to keep up and my attitude started to really go South. I was swearing, like What About Bob? swearing, not even under my breath swearing out loud (i don't think anyone heard me) and I told Adam that I thought the devil (or one of his counterparts) was testing me. Even if there is no test going on, it took me saying it out loud before I snapped out of it and realized that my attitude is a choice. i can choose to be a hater, or I can choose to be a lover. I started to love again. Then I came back and read this again. Jesus, chose me, and has appointed me to go and produce lasting fruit------I am going to love. I don't have to let little things get to me. I can choose this day to love.

When I was in college my friend Jenny had a teacher whose name was Will. I don't remember anything about the man except for the fact that one day he said, "I lean towards love, all the rest are distortions."i wrote this on the inside cover of one of my Bibles, and everytime I see it I am reminded how true it is that love is the only truth, all the rest is distortion! ---Well mister Altbrinker, at this moment, that is what I am doing, LEANING TOWARDS LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh beautiful honest entry Eve!!!! I can't wait to see ya tomorrow friend:)

    ReplyDelete