Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is Sunday?

Today, Sunday meant Ikkers showing me his Lego-Batman tee-shirt. I woke up at 8, did the dishes, made bacon, a perfect omlet (a feat that has NEVER been accomplished by me), american fries, and coffee, listened to the Billy Graham crusade on the radio, ate and talked with my husband, went to the dollar store only to not find what I needed and then run into a beautiful friend who I have not seen or heard from in over a year (and by the way, the Lord has been putting her on my heart lately to pray for:), and then headed over to Hayfield, MN where I went to a family picnic for Adam's Mom's side. Ikkers, (which he preffers to be called instead of Isaac) is a middle child. His older brother Logan (Logie) is very smart and his baby brother Ben is mostly giggles as far as I can tell. I remember Niki (Adam's sister and mother of the three cuties) telling us that after Ben was born, Ikkers said, "where's his momma?" I am sure that was his 3 yr old way of indicating that he didn't want to take the baby home:)
I sang the whole way to Hayfield and back. I enjoyed the sunshine and all of God's creation.
Today Adam and I discussed how we are selfindulgent people. We have the Burger King mentality of having it our way RIGHT AWAY. But, we are praying now to ask God to burn that out of us. I really want to learn what it means to be self controlled. i think for far too long, we have put it off, thinking that it was falling again into legalism, but that is just not the case. I am going to make a late dinner now instead of drive to Culvers like both of us would rather do:) Yes, we have the freedom to NOT eat fast food. I am have just been converted into the slow food movement!

1 comment:

  1. When I come to Vintage the next time will you sing so I can hear you?

    GGS

    ReplyDelete